School trips to Porfell Wildlife Park, Cornwall
Porfell Wildlife Park & Sanctuary near Looe & Liskeard, Cornwall is ideal for school trips: see & learn about monkeys, meerkats & 100s of other exotic animals. Educational, inspirational and fun for pupils AND teachers…
The ethos that drives Porfell can be summed up in three points:
- promote conservation through:
- entertainment – show the world in all its glory
- education – teach people why it’s important to respect our environment
We want staff as well as pupils to be enriched by their visit to Porfell. We offer a schools programme that enhances learning through the observation, stimulation and discovery of life’s wonders.
Arranging the trip
When you have the responsibility for arranging a school outing you need to feel confident about your choice of venue. Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary is ideal for your school because education lies at the heart of everything we do – and it’s fun! We offer schools:
- Pre-visits. You’re welcome to take a look around beforehand to familiarise yourself with the layout and facilities, produce a schedule for your visit and complete any risk assessments.
- Trail Guide Packs. Our schools pack tells you about the history of Porfell, its dedication and aims. It contains information on core subjects, homes and habitats, environmental issues and woodland along with photocopy-ready illustrated work-sheets and a park plan. So you’ll know exactly what’s here, you can easily plan the day and can very quickly prepare student resource packs.
- Animals talks & demonstrations. Interaction is a big part of the Porfell experience. Children are more responsive to learning when they can get up close to the animals. We’re always happy to arrange special demonstrations for you. Just talk to us about your objectives and we’ll try to help you meet them…