We are now OPEN daily from 11am – 4pm. There will be a few changes in place, these include:
– Opening hours will be reduced to 11am – 4pm daily
– A one way entrance and exit system
– Social distancing throughout the park
– Inside areas such as the reptile and small monkey houses will remain closed
– A small selection of drinks and snacks will be available in the gift shop as the tearoom will remain closed for everyone’s safety
– Following guidelines, unfortunately the children’s play area will be off limits until further notice
– Currently there will not be any animal talks, feeding or experiences to avoid unnecessary crowding
– There will limited access to toilets, with a one in one out system in operation, toilets will close at 3.30pm for deep cleaning
– Plenty of signs will direct you around the park
– As well as our usual hand washing facilities, hand gel will also be available for visitor use
As restrictions loosen we will keep you updated with any changes to your visit to the park to ensure a safe but enjoyable visit for all. This will be a learning curve for all of us so please ask our staff any questions you may have during your visit. Thank you for everyone’s continued support and patience while we are getting ready to welcome you back. We wouldn’t have made it through this without you!
*WE DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A BOOKING SYSTEM IN PLACE, HOWEVER WE WILL UPDATE YOU ALL IF THIS CHANGES*
Can you help Porfell Wildlife Park & Sanctuary?
Our animals need you now more than ever! Please help save our animals here at Porfell Wildlife Park & Sanctuary. After being closed all winter, the park was due to re-open for the season from April 1st 2020, however due to the COVID 19 we have had to keep our doors closed. After 31 years we are in trouble, our summer season brings in enough money to keep the park running throughout the winter. Unfortunately this year due to the weather we were unable to open for more than a couple of days during February Half Term. Unlike a lot of other businesses we always have outgoings whether we are open or closed, whether that be specialist animal feed, water bills, electric & heating bills, veterinary bills, staff wages and everything in between. So we have set up this appeal in the hope of getting some help for our animals and staff so that we can survive until we are able to re-open again.
To donate please follow the link below:
Find us on Facebook to keep up to date with what is going on around the park.
Sorry NO DOGS allowed in the park.
Discover Porfell Wildlife Park
Visit Cornwall’s biggest exotic animal sanctuary
Porfell Wildlife Park is a wild family attraction only a few miles from Looe in South East Cornwall. It offers sanctuary to many different animals from around the world. They might be neglected, injured, imported illegally or simply no longer wanted. For whatever reason they come to us, they’re always welcome.
Animals call it home
Since 1989, we’ve created homes designed to suit each species’ individual needs. The result is a living attraction quite unlike a zoo. Here children (and adults!) can get up close to wildlife, feed the animals, touch them and learn all about the natural world.
Our animals need you!
Adopt Sparky and help Porfell carry on its vital work.
More on animal adoption
Get the latest news from Porfell
May 2, 2020
Two of the smallest babies born just before lockdown!
As most of you know, we are a sanctuary for unwanted/surplus animals and do not actively take part in breeding.
April 22, 2020
Our GoFundMe appeal has reached the half way point of £10,000!
We cannot thank you all enough for the amount of support we have had during these tough times.
April 1, 2020
Porfell during COVID – 19
HELP PORFELL WILDLIFE PARK AND SANCUTARY DURING COVID – 19.